Sunday, January 29, 2012

Never before seen video!

I don't have much to report on the riding front. We haven't been productive lately since the arenas are just too frozen and choppy to ride in.

So here is a video I don't believe I have posted yet. It is from our jumping lesson at CAF.

This is toward the end of our lesson. Hampton was a bit tired, and as you will see he flat out ignores my requests to canter. In all fairness to him, the aids to canter are inside leg at the girth, outside leg spur. Well, I wasn't wearing my spurs at the time because my lower leg is not as stable at it should be over jumps yet. So he never felt the spur. But still. So that is why I get after him with the whip a little bit.

You can really see that he is still very much a baby about organizing his legs sometimes. I love how we look like a hot mess just trying to canter over simple ground poles.

BUT - at the end when we go through the grid - it is BEAUTIFUL! And I don't fold over at the jumps. *patting self on back*. Sometimes training is not always pretty. Sometimes you have to have hot mess moments to make progress.

I am posting the good, bad and the ugly here. Because I think it benefits everyone.





1 comment:

  1. Yeah, y'all were a hot mess in the beginning -- but you know what I like? You rode through it and produced a decent grid at the end. That's what training is. I wish I had a dollar for every time I was a hot mess...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!