A handful of blogging awards are making the rounds and a big thank you to those who mentioned this blog. :) It has made a weird transformation from a general life blog, to pretty much all horses after I purchased Hampton. Thank you all for reading. I truly enjoy writing and it is not something I get to do much of in my current job (as a journalist ... ironically, I'm a designer), so this blog is a great outlet for that. Plus, I don't have to follow AP style and can write what I want. Bonus.
Now on to the good stuff.
First, I love this horse and rider and have been following them for a few years.
Here's a list of blogs you should read:
Slow and Steady Wins the Race: Here is how to raise 3 children and also keep your eventing dreams going. Amy is superwoman and I know she does a good job because I have met at least one of her kids and she was SO well behaved, sweet and polite. I've also watched Amy mow down the competition at a horse show. We were show buddies for Octoberfest and during one of our short breaks inbetween classes Amy handed me a granola bar ... it was a small gesture but I had not eaten anything all day and was starving. I mean, that is a good friend people. We both had our own horses and courses to think of and there she was thinking of me and my empty stomach. Even though we have different non-horse lives, the first time I met Amy we were instant friends. I can't wait for this summer where I am sure we will find more trouble. :) Hampton and Steady immediately got along when they first met which was also neat to see.
Adventures of Lucy: Not only is Lucy's human a fantastic rider (you should see some of the photos of Lucy's antics), but she makes really neat saddle pads! She is the one who made my Phish saddle pad which I love.
A Collection of Madcap Escapades: An intelligent writer and amazing photographer. With a cute horse. :)
Calm, Forward, Straight: Thoughtful posts and who can resist a gorgeous grey!?
On track for a CCI*: A young riders adventures in eventing. She has just started her 2 year old and I love reading about it as it brings back memories of starting Hamps.
SprinklerBandits: You can view the transformation of Izzy from greenie to legit eventer right before your eyes in this blog. Izzy's human is also a tack whore ... takes one to know one.
Tales from a Bad Eventer: Humorous with plenty of photos!
Those are just a handful of the great blogs out there.
But hey it's sunny and sort of warm today so I am going to go ride. :)
Your words about me, my daughter and my horse brought tears to my eyes. So sweet, thank you.
ReplyDeleteWow - I've been catching up on your blog this morning - adding it to my blogroll today so it will be front and center!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for including us on the award. Your blog, and your lovely horse,and the kind comments you leave inspire me to keep up my dressage aspirations, even when life gets in the way.
Thanks! :)