Finally climbed aboard the horse last night for our first ride after the chiropractor adjustment. I sort of half expected not to notice any difference at all ... but ... there was a rather dramatic difference to my delight.
• No twisting in the poll or tilting his head.
• No head shaking and tossing toward the middle of the ride ... or at all.
• Traveled much more straight
• Worked toward the bit, took a hold instead of "ping-ponging" off the contact.
• Forward, fluid, supple, obedient
• Right lead canter back to normal (soft and rhythmic)
Yeah, it was hot and we were both drenched by the end of a reasonably light workout. I even attempted a few steps of shoulder-in each way and pretty much nailed it (just a few steps, though). There is a heat advisory today so I don't know if I will suck it up and ride this evening ... we shall see. But I was pretty happy and it feels like Hampton is happy with it, too.
Now off to shop for horse trailers and a horse show to enter in the fall ...

Way to go!
ReplyDeletegreat news! you know-- some of those issues sound like the problems I am having with Granite (insert left lead canter tho). If I don't see some progress with our lessons, maybe I ought to look into the Chiro-- although I am still not sure I believe in them (seems to be a temporary fix, at least in humans, that creates a dependency)... Oh sigh.
ReplyDelete