Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sweating to the oldies

The beast was still mildly off today when I rode. I didn't lunge beforehand so he was also stiff and narly in the neck and mouth. Ugh. But, the good news is that he did work out of the hind end crap. He maintained his opinion that he shouldn't have to bend right, however, for most of the ride. I spent most of the time walking, doing turn on the haunches (hard work, Hampton says!), TOF and transitions. We did some trotting too - more transitions and straight lines. Kept it pretty easy today. (It's stinkin hot so for his sake and mine we took many walk breaks) Hampton will see the chiropractor on Tuesday to make sure that his resistance in the poll is not because he needs adjusted. If he doesn't need an adjustment, then I will get after him more about it. No excuses, buddy.

Oh yeah, and the July 31 show? It's been cancelled. Nice. Way to send out show bills and advertise your show .. and then cancel it. This particular farm does this a lot. I almost expected it. Oh well, there will be another show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!