Saturday, January 30, 2010
How to start young horses under saddle ... or not.
Is this seriously how some people start a green horse? No helmet. SNEAKERS. Clearly very little preparation.
I understand that even with tons of groundwork, some horses might react like this. But this dude seems to just
climb on, and start thumping the horse's sides. Both horses appear nervous, confused and then when they buck
the saddle nearly slides up their neck and the rider goes a flyin'. Not everyone has a ground person available, but this guy does. Why did he start out without their help? The one little grey (both horses are very cute) does eventually come around, especially after the ground helper leads him around for a little while. I don't get it. He rides the second grey like a rodeo bronc ... keeping one hand in the air. Is he trying to show off? Why not try to difuse the buck? One rein stop maybe? I dunno! Sheesh.
.. oh yeah and another strike - CREED as the background song. YUCK!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh. My. Word. What was this guy thinking?!? No helmet and wearing tennis shoes?!? Can we say STUPID!! And did you see just how close that grey horse came to kickin' in his head there toward the end? Geez!
ReplyDeleteWho the heck gets on a young horse and just starts kickin' them in the sides? If I were that horse, I would have face-planted that man for kicking in my sides like that! There should have been some serious groundwork already done WAY before this man ever decided to get these horses.
Not to mention...is it just me or did those horses appear a bit too young/small for that size of a man to even be up on their backs?