Well it's back to single digit temps and once again the arena and every possible piece of land available is frozen, slick and not safe to work a horse on.
Although I can't complain too much because it appears as though some of the more southern states are getting pounded with a major ice storm this evening.
Not much else to report except Hampton seems warm and comfy in his blanket. Surprising since it's a hand-me-down from T-Bone, has a big ripped hole over the rump and numerous other tears. I noticed the other day that is is starting to rub Hampton's shoulders just a little bit. I'm just going to keep an eye on it for now. I promised Hampton he could have a brand new blanket for NEXT winter (because I am sure he will just outgrow this hand-me-down anyway) but I may have to break down and get him one soon if it continues to rub (I did make some adjustments), and gets any more ripped up.
I've also been seriously considering fostering a horse from Friends of Ferdinand. I can't financially commit to another horse right now, but the foster program would allow me to work with an off the track Thoroughbred and minimize my costs. Hopefully this ball gets rolling soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!