Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Still stuck with the ice


No improvement on the footing out at the barn. Both arenas and now even the roundpen are ice. The only possible place for me to work is to walk out into a farmer's corn field but I don't want to do that because 1) I don't think I'm allowed to and 2) the footing is probably just frozen and lumpy out there, too. *SIGH*. Very aggravating. I guess Hampton's vacation is going to be a little longer than planned. Oh well. He's still just a baby so that can't be a bad thing.

He seems fine after the incident the other day. No lameness (that I can tell, there isn't anywhere for me to jog him) ... so swelling or otherwise offness to his legs.

I made him a mash of soaked alfalfa pellets and molasses today. He seemed to like it alright, although he is very picky whenever something new is introduced. It takes a few days for him to really like something new. Even though I have been feeding him alfalfa pellets for some time now (dry), I guess it threw him off to have them in soaked format with molasses on it. Geez, horse. He did eat most of it though.

I really wish I had a trailer so I could at least haul to an indoor if but once a week. This ice crap is really getting on my nerves.





1 comment:

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!