Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The Wait


Our family held out Christmas shin-dig on Sunday. My dad was up and about and we had many laughs over gifts and my nieces.

It's a good thing we celebrated early because Monday he crashed on me. It took a lot of morphine and ativan to make him comfortable. His O2 dropped to alarmingly low levels.

We have begun the wait.

He is comfortable and has moments where he is lucid and wants to chat. But let me tell you this situation sucks balls. I am trying very hard to stay strong.

And in the middle of all this - my damn tooth fell out so I need oral surgery ASAP.

And to top THAT off ... Hampton is home with a hot, swollen hind ankle. I am just hoping it is cellulitis - he is on SMZs. But if it doesn't improve, I'll have to call the vet. My mind is thinking BLOWN LOWER SUSPENSORY because that is sure what it looked like at first. He is sound at the walk.

I can't do anything for him right now so .... I don't know.

I am not religious (but my dad is),  but I would really apprecitate anyone's prayers, jingles, whatevers. We are all running on no sleep at the moment so excuse any typos.

Life is really being a real ho-bag right now.

Will update later.

Love you all.

18 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Karen. Lots of prayers. Please let me know if there's anything I can do locally to help out, even if it's just running to the grocery store this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karen, I am so so sorry. My heart is with you and your family during this difficult time. How wonderful you were able to celebrate with everyone on Sunday. I wish you strength. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, what a way for 2017 to go out. Hang in there, we're all thinking of you and hoping everything is at least peaceful. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so sorry Karen. You and your family have been in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are in my thoughts. *Big Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers and jingles for your dad, you, and your family. Thinking of you guys in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so sorry to hear this. I’ll pray for your dads peace and comfort, that he’d feel Gods presence joyfully welcoming him to his forever home in heaven whenever that moment comes. And that Hampers didn’t do anything idiotic to his leg. Hoping you find some joy in this holiday season despite all these less than ideal things happening. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (((hugs)))
    Thinking of you and yours - sending many jingles and positive everythings...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Karen, my heart breaks for you and your family. Sending prayers your way for peaceful passing and strength for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for what you are going through right now. I lost my dad to cancer over 12 years ago, and it still feels like it could have been yesterday. Watching them suffer is the absolute fucking worst. It is definitely a time you have to put on your Big Girl Panties, suck it up, and be an adult. Being an adult sucks. As hard as it is, do take some photos. We have very few pictures of the last few months of my dad's life and I still regret it. My boys were 3 and 5 months old when he passed and I don't have nearly enough pictures of them with him. Hang in there. (I'm one of those people who doesn't have horses anymore, and I just live vicariously through you and other horse bloggers.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so unbelivably hard. You are stronger then you know but that doesn't help. I have been through this with both my parents and it's just one of those things that you get through becasue there really is no other choise. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. One huge hug coming your way . . . light and peace to your father on his journey . . . and no blown suspensory on your boy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking about you and sending some love. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. My condolences for the really terrible tough time you are going through right now. Thoughts are with you and your family as you cope. The blogverse is here when you return or should you need comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry you're being hit from all directions. Good thoughts to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying hard for you and your entire family ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!