Thursday, May 17, 2012

2012 Schedule & goals

Yeah, I know, it's mid-May and I am just now making up a 2012 pony schedule.

The whole moving thing prevented me from laying down solid plans.

2012 still remains the 'Year of Education' and my primary goal is to learn, learn, learn. I want to take this year to move us up a level and come out in 2013 and show Second Level. A lofty goal? Maybe. Maybe not. I think we can do it.

BUT ... let's face it, I LOVE HORSE SHOWS.

... this was after the test where Hampton spooked at his own feet
and bucked through canter transitions.
So I am going to try to keep it to one a month. And for now, I am sticking close to home. I would love to venture back to some old Indiana stomping grounds, but perhaps next year. Although I WILL be returning to the Hoosier Horse Park in the fall.

I considered Dressage at Lexington (that's the big show in Virginia people, not KY). It's a 6-hour trip and would by far be the most prestigious dressage show I will have ever shown at. (I did show T-Bone at Lamplight one year, but I think it was one of their smaller shows). I thought and thought about it. Maybe next year. I need to save my money for training this year and so I can do shows at home. A trip to Virginia would wipe out my budget for almost 2 months. And that's if I only enter 2 classes. Yikes.
Here is what I've planned out so far.

June 8-10: FHF Adult Dressage Camp: 3 days of intense training and learning with one of my favorite instructors as well as Susan Peacock and Pam Lifton Banckner, who will also be giving lessons. I just need to find a place to stay for those 4 days ....

July 8: Antebellum Farm (KY) Schooling show. Dressage and Combined Test. First Level and watch out we are going to do the STARTER combined test!!

August: TBA. Several options to choose from. Prefer a rated show. Ohio or Kentucky

September: Harmony in the Park Dressage (rated show); POSSIBLY another show this month. My goal for this season is to get my first 2 scores for my USDF bronze medal (2 scores at First Level. About 62% I think? Will have to double check. Must be from 2 different judges, 2 different rides)

October: TBA
* I'd really like to find a schooling show in the fall and show Second Level test 1. I MIGHT do this at Harmony in the Park. Depends how the summer goes. We can do the test movements, but the quality can sometimes be .... uh .... "winging it."

November: Maybe squeeze in one last show?

And of course in between shows as many lessons as I can afford. I know this summer will also be a little bit about instructor shopping. I learn a lot from James Houston, but I just want to know what else is out there. Someone who can give me lessons inbetween trips to see JH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!