Thursday, October 7, 2021

Recovery week 1

Hampton will be on 2 weeks of stall rest with bandage changes every other day or as needed. As of this blog, we are one week in and he has been a wonderful patient. I can tell he wants to go back out with his friends but he is behaving and letting me change his bandage with no problems. 


He can do brief periods of hand grazing, as long as I don't get the bandage dirty or wet.

His staples come out 10-12 days post op and then he can start hand walking.

Week 4, if everything looks good, he can start turn out in the small paddock and then Week 5 he can return to light exercise and then we go from there!

Forgot to post this photo of this MAGNIFICENT chonk that lives 
at Rood N Riddle.

 I am not sure what to do with myself for these first two weeks. I guess get stuff done that I always put off? Like organize my bedroom. Maybe deep clean all my tack. Annoy Buckley obviously.

I am picking up some side hustle jobs as well, and other than that I think this break is good for both myself and Hampton. We have been training pretty much non stop for 12 years! I think our longest breaks have not been more than a week at a time? 

Yeah this gate didn't last long with the foster kitties lol


2 comments:

  1. Glad he's recovering well and being a good patient! I'm sure you'll keep busy! Or maybe embrace some relaxing time. Maybe a little of both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Hampton gets better quickly and completely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!