Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Recovery Week 2



We are now finished with Week 2 of stall rest and now into a week of handwalking!


Hamp and I are getting our steps in every morning. I started out walking a mile (took us about 20 minutes) and will increase that over the week. Honestly I will probably be the one who wears out first haha.

He is behaving remarkably well. I am still using a chain over his nose  but I have not had to use it. . He has been such a good boy. I did add in some alfalfa pellets (soaked) and GUT supplement to help support his stomach. Plus a lot of treats and daily grooming and scratches.


On Monday I yanked his stitches out and he handled that like a champ as well.

So far he seems to be walking just fine as far as the mechanical use of his foot. When I first starting taking him on short little hand grazes, he would stab his toe and trip a lot. This of course made me want to puke. But as time has gone on, he seems to have figured out this new situation and the tripping and catching his toe has almost totally stopped already.

Next week if things are ok he can go out in the small little paddock!



4 comments:

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!