Monday, October 18, 2021

Recovery Week 3

 


Porkchop and I are getting our steps in! I usually walk him about a mile or so (20 minutes) and then just let him graze for another 30-40 minutes. A few days I got frisky and put side reins on and made him do hills. That's a great idea until you realize that you, too, are walking up and down the big hill.

He continues to behave like a gentleman.


Although we have been playing some ring-around-the-which-leg-is-puffy-today game. The surgery foot looks great, but the other legs are often stocked up in the morning. I added standing wraps to help but poor Hamp is still pretty stiff when he first comes out of his stall.


I am not super worried as this should go away once he is back in turnout.

This week (Wednesday I am thinking!) he gets to go out in the small paddock! I am not sure who is more excited for this, me or him. haha.

What you little guys lookin at!!

Another riveting blog post. Sorry guys! 

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, Hamp is so handsome. May all your recovery blog posts be "boring", exciting recovery is no good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny the metrics we note when hand walking... My horse Eros will walk anywhere from an 18 minute mile to a 22 minute mile depending on his mood.
    Glad to hear things are still going well in Hampton's recovery. My old horse used to stock up like that too when he wasn't having his turnout. Hopefully that goes away once he's allowed out again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!