Monday, February 13, 2017

The Making of a Freestyle: Part 2 (You have to qualify)




Here's the thing about doing a freestyle. In order to do one, you have to have scored a 60% in the highest test of that level.

So, kids. That means I need a 60+ at 4-3.

Here is my reaction when I read the 4-3 test:

via GIPHY

Now, I cannot find this in the rules anywhere but I have been told that you can also qualify by getting a 60+ in the level ABOVE the freestyle level you want to show.

So, that would mean I could also show PSG.

Again, what happens when even thinking about the PSG:

via GIPHY

Go ahead and read through 4-3 sometime when you have a chance. It is NASTY. Like, it appears easier than PSG. However, I think to start the year off I am going to try 4-3. Even though I said I never would and I would skip this test that is the spawn of satan.

But then ... there is a little part of me that wants to make this test my bitch. Hamps and I school everything in the test. But as we all know, it's a different animal when you try to put them all together in a test that is nearly fucking 7 minutes long. (Thus, why I've also started running in the past month)

And maybe, IF we can pull off a 60 at 4-3 ... then my face will be this:

via GIPHY

Now ... as for PSG?
Still crapping my pants.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha 4-3 was basically designed to be the equivalent of medieval torture for equestrians. Like, yes, everything in it is an excellent exercise. And yes, it is a good test of the capability of the levels. But, hell naw ain't nobody need to be tested like that. That test never pulls it's punches, and it's stupid hard.

    PSG seems easier. For realz.

    That out of my system, I think you guys can get it. I've seen judges hand out 60%s for far less than you and Hamps' quality of riding. You just gotta mentally and physically prep for that bad bitch, and you can do it. Head in the game, and other such sports phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post had me dying 😂😂 mostly because the thought of doing 4-1 terrifies me enough. That 4-3 is brutal! Can't wait to see your freestyle. I have always said that once my horse knows fun party tricks we will do a freestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think of 4-3 and PSG as PSG Test 1 and PSG Test 2. Though maybe that doesn't help at all! From everything I've heard about 4-3, if you can do PSG you can do 4-3. You'll do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 MINUTES????? dear god.

    love that last gif tho. you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4-3 is the devil's spawn. Uh... good luck?

    Also I started jogging today. Because I can't make it through a 5 minute second level test. Heaven help me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it!!

    Now don't ask if I can get a 60 at first.

    Nope.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!