I've been planning my season this week - mostly because my job requires that we put in THE ENTIRE YEAR'S worth of vacation time into the calendar before the end of February. Annoying, but I make do.
Of course my show dates are in pencil because, well, horses. And life. But here's the general direction I am heading. Royale will also be tagging along this year as well but we will have to see where he is at closer to show time. I think he will be ready for Training level!
| This booger may show rated this year for some breed awards. Still planning with him, so we will see! |
March 4: KHP schooling show | 4-1, and 4-3 (cue crap in pants)
March 18, 19: Musical freestyle clinic (KDA sponsors this, so it's MEGA CHEAP. Why not?)
April 21-23: Either Adult Dressage Camp OR Mid-Ohio Dressage Show
April 27-30 : ROLEX. DRINK. SHOP.
May 13: IDS schooling show | 4-3 and/or PSG
June 9-11: Indy Dressage Classic OR Majestic Farm | 4-3 and/or PSG (or 4th freestyle?)
July: IDS Schooling show | PSG with Hamp, Training level with Royale?
August 5: Hamilton County Dressage schooling show | PSG
August 19-20: Indy Dressage Festival | PSG and 4th freestyle (if qualified)
Sept. 14-17: REGIONALS at Majestic Farm | 4th freestyle and 4-3 IF QUALIFIED
Sept. 30: IDS Ride-offs | 4-3 and PSG
Oct: KDA fall show only if I still have money and am not totally burned out. ha.
| Hamp would rather show in the Artistic Body Art class |
There are also several other local schooling shows available if I want to hit those up, as well. Kentucky is just amazing in the amount of options you have for showing.
Obviously things may and probably will change some. There is a chance my roommate will move out, and if that happens I will have zero money to do anything (including lessons, possibly eat) until someone else moves in. Frankly as long as Hampton and myself stay healthy and happy everything else is fine. But it's looking like a big year for us. *gulp*
Goals:
Qualify for regionals at 4-3 and 4th level freestyle.
Debut at PSG
Earn my USDF Silver Medal
Not go totally bankrupt
HAVE FUN!
AHHHH ROLEX AND PSG AND ERMEGERD
ReplyDeleteI'm also super pumped for your training level, lol.
Wow, that's definitely a big year, but you guys can totally do it! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteYASSSSSSSSSSS come to Indiana and stay at my house and eat tacos!
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting and I can't wait to read along this year!!!
ReplyDeleteUgh that is annoying, the first two years at my job we had to use all the vacation we had in that calendar year which made long term planning really impossible, especially in regards to wanting to take a big vacation in the future.
ReplyDelete