Monday, November 28, 2016

Some year-end recognition

Despite our somewhat short show season, Hamps still managed to win a year-end award from KDA (Kentucky) this year!

I know it's just a measly fifth place, but I think it might be the first GMO YEA I have earned?



Fifth place in AA Fourth Level. And for what's it worth, KY is a rather competitive region and at the Region 2 Championships in Ill., the TOP 4 finishers in AA fourth level were all KDA members. So, to be amongst company like that is nothing to be ashamed of! Several were also in the top 5 at Nationals!

We also earned a high score achievement plate, too, which is being mailed to me. I think you have to get so many scores over 60%? I can't remember how we earned it, but I will take it. ha!

Good boy, Porkchop!


I missed out on any IDS (Indiana) awards because we did not go to enough shows.We did not qualify for any USDF or All-Breed year end awards because I did not renew my PM membership, thinking that it would be a waste since I wasn't going to try to qualify for regionals. I just have a GMO membership but you need a PM membership, too. USDF sure likes to take your money!

I'm usually not that big of a point-chaser, or YEA ribbon-ho but it is rather nice to be recognized for a year of hard work and accomplishments.

I'm off to start renewing memberships for 2017. CHA-CHING! *vomit*

By the way, here's a photo of my cat sleeping in a box.


10 comments:

  1. Woohoo swag!!!

    See, I had all my memberships this year and sorta didn't end up going to a single show you needed them for. CHA CHING.

    Sob.

    No clue what I'm doing next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, so much satin! Congrads!

    Also, is there anything cuter than cats in boxes? I don't think so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cat is adorable and also the ribbon is gorg. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Karen - and at 4th level!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooo awesome job! i love year end ribbons of basically any color at all haha - but that one is esp nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Hampton work so hard - congratulations on the well deserved recognition! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhm, 5th place is FREAKING AWESOME! Maybe I'm just a satin whore, but any big ass ribbon is cause for celebration <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! Any kind of satin is reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!