It seems to me that maybe more people in this country should own horses.
Yes, the election stressed me out. I work for the media and of course it seems that if you work for the media you are a dirty libtard with an agenda. I saw a photo of a man wearing a shirt that suggested journalists should be lynched. What a nice fellow.
As you can imagine, Tuesday was not a fun night at work. And I certainly am not going to get into politics on this blog.
But I will say one thing.
When I went to the farm Wednesday morning - exhausted, numb, shocked. Hampton was there, as cheerful as ever. He greeted me like he always does. He gave zero shits about what had just happened. He gave me so much peace, because no matter who was elected - the horses still need fed, the stalls need cleaned, water buckets filled. We have to kick on.
![]() |
| Porkchop |
Meanwhile, we have been training training training. I haven't been to any more clinics or shows because I am flat broke. I'm not sure how I will show next year, but I always figure something out.
What's been on our plate lately?
- Making him hotter off the leg.
- Softer connection
- Right bend (it has gone to shit lately. Which in turn has destroyed the right half pass. Please right bend, come back!)
- Challenging him in the collection
![]() |
| Half steps |
- Developing the pirouette for the show ring
- Half pass zig zags
- Tempi changes
Yes ... we now get clean changes 95% of the time. Now we have to start learning to count.
FINALLY.
![]() |
| No stirrup November! |
- Riding without stirrups.
(and by that I mean I did so .... ummm ... one day so far)
- Enjoying our morning hacks/warm up walks
- Body clipped!
He looks so good. So shiney and well muscled right now. I am super pleased with the feeding program at this farm. His cribbing also seems mostly under control with the collar. I did just pull his hind shoes for the winter and he seems to be just fine with that arrangement. He gets to keep his front shoes, but at least I'll save a little cash.
I wish I had more exciting news to report .. or at least better photos. Booo.
Bloggers - is there anything you want to read about in my blog? I need post ideas!
___
Sun comes up and goes back down
And falling feels like flying till you hit the ground
Say the word and I’ll be there for you
Baby, I will be your parachute
And falling feels like flying till you hit the ground
Say the word and I’ll be there for you
Baby, I will be your parachute



Is that quote from a song? I always love reading what exercises people usually do in their rides...because I need ideas to steal :)
ReplyDeleteThere is lots I would like to read. Would love to know more details of the feeding at the new place, and how that has affected his coat and muscle development. Would love to know. And I would love to know a bit more about the detail of your rides and how you train different movements. I've been reading a long time on and off - seems funny now he's a made horse.
ReplyDeleteHe's looking GOOD! And yay to adjusting to no back shoes
ReplyDeleteChris Stapleton!
ReplyDeleteHampton is looking fabulous :)
Agreed that my horse has helped keep me chill and relax a little. As for post ideas I basically just need my fill pics of of Hamps looking like a million bucks doin his dressage thang!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are such a great inspiration!
ReplyDeleteUgh I am sorry you had to experience that :(. I just like reading your posts regardless of what you post about :)
ReplyDelete