Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Family Tree

Old photo from our eventing days.

Love all the family tree posts!

Hampton is a very elite breed called an Indiana Warmblood.

He was bred and born in the town of Lebanon, Ind. Probably best known for its meth problem than horse breeders. (I'm not kidding, I lived there for a year and a weirdo came to my door asking if I wanted any "ice" and he was not talking about frozen water.) But anyway!


Favorite movement: Free walk


I have posted about Hampton's heritage a few times before.

PEDIGREE GEEKS UNITE

ABOUT HAMPTON'S PEDIGREE

HAMPTON'S HERITAGE: MY KING

Hampton is technically 3/4 Thoroughbred, and does have some decent sport horse bloodlines in him.
Unfortunately, I only know his dam's TB side. His grand-dam on his sire's side was half TB/half Clyde and I do not have any idea what those TB lines are. No clue about the Clydesdale lines either.

His grand-dam is named Bonnie Bloom. She was born in 1996. She is all all-breed pedigree.com but it does not have her sire and dam. Bonnie was a big girl, solid red bay with a beautiful face.

He most certainly does not have an ugly face.


He's got some nice Hannovarian lines that I talk about in the above links, including My King who was a GP dressage horse AND a GP jumper.

Click on the links above for photos and more details.

Anyway, some great TBs he has in his lines include:
Never Bend
Proudest Roman
Nasrullah (*links to him several times)
Red God (the sire of Blushing Groom)
Sir Gallahad

He also has some Irish and English TBs back in there, too, through a stallion called Double Jump.

Perhaps that is where he gets some of his stubbornness? And his stoic nature?

Grade A Dork.




4 comments:

  1. Ha he's got a lot going on in there- how cool about that horse who was a GP jumper AND GP dressage horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one Grade A behind he's got as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd definitely pin the stubbornness on Nasrullah mine was lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!