Monday, November 21, 2016

Before and After

I love before and after posts. I may or may not post a lot of them.

Welp, you are getting another.

First time trotting under saddle. My goodness.

Same horse and rider. I swear.


Spurred on by a current bloghop, and some recent reader comments on how they cannot believe Hampton is a grown up. Don't worry, some days I can't believe it either.

Baby Hamper! (2007)

Now ginormous.


For all intensive purposes, he is a made horse now. No, he isn't some Grand Prix dressage horse, but he is "made" in that he is a solid citizen, pretty much anyone can ride him and not die, he does pretty much whatever you ask (with the exception of clipping his bridlepath ... whatever, horse.) , safe on the ground, has tons of miles, solid at shows, just a general all around good citizen. The dressage is just his "master's degree."

As a 3 year old his signature move was to buck and get squirrely in the neck.

Uhh. ... Still does this as a 9 year old.



Pats after showing Intro level

3rd level. Same show grounds.

Rangey, weak topline, no muscle (but still cute) ... to ...

damn, son.

I think he was just 4 here?

Still my main man!



Don't worry, he comes with his own set of quirks. Some cute, some incredibly annoying. But it has been an absolute pleasure to raise this horse. I wish I could clone him.




11 comments:

  1. Gosh from Baby onward! What a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the before and after - such a handsome boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. he has really come so far - what a great guy now and such a cute baby too! is it terrible tho that my favorite pics of the whole bunch are his little bucking fits that are basically unchanged from before and after? lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a lovely transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a pleasure watching Hampton grow up not only on the blog but thru seeing you two in action at shows! He looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh...I love Hampton and your journey with him. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys have been together so long! Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have major heart eyes right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!