Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Old ... derrr, new Kentucky Home

I have a boat load to write about. Where to start??

Hampton and I are moved to Kentucky safe and sound. I of course still have a lot of organizing to do and more things to buy for the apartment, but Hampton seems settled in.

He is living in a MASSIVE field with just 3 other geldings. His field has a pond and a creek, a very large run-in shed and more green grass than they will ever be able to eat. Seriously this kind of land and beauty just does not exist in Indiana. It is mind-blowing to me and seems like a slice of heaven.

It is at least a quarter of a mile from the main barn and arenas out to Hampton's field. Thankfully, there is a little shed out there where I can keep my tack so that I can drive out to the field and ride back to the arena. The property is full of rolling hills and wildlife, as you will see below. I have much more to write about, but here are some photos from the journey. :)

Ready to leave Indiana!

Pit stop!

New home. Hampton approves.

We saw this on our first ride. ... and also a 7 point buck.

Dressage area


Happy Hamper

First ride. Walking back to his field.

"This grass all for me? Really?"

Lets not forget my grumpy cat also made the move. NOT A PEEP out of him
for the entire 3-hour car ride.

Get. in. my. belleh.

10 comments:

  1. I love it!! Hamps looks great and that barn is super cool. :D Looking forward to more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! That is definitely what horse-heaven has to look at. Hamps field is huge! Let's hope he doesn't ever decide to play "catch me" in there. Glad the move when well and the furry ones are adjusting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even a horse and *I* want to live in that field! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you've arrived safely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What...no Kentucky bourbon? Congrats on finding such a beautiful place for Hampton! Looks like a very happy boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice grass... ;)

    Looks like a wonderful home for Hampton, and a beautiful place to ride. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo looks awesome!

    oh and love the blue moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like an amazing place :)
    Hampton looks very happy. Glad the move went well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!