Wednesday, April 4, 2012

From feisty to f'ing crazy



So I was out of town on Monday for bizzz-nasss and so I had my instructor, J, ride Hampton since he does not deserve need too many days off at the moment.

On my way home, I texted her to ask how he was. She reported back that he was feisty, but a pleasure to ride. Sounds about right - he's been a pistol lately thanks to the spring grass. Not naughty, or wild, but he does have a bit of a bug up his ass. This has been showing up by way of some spooking, scooting, bucking and sassy head tossing.

So anyway, yesterday a fellow boarder came up to me and says, "Your horse had quite a workout on Monday!"

Me: "Good! He needs the work."

Boarder: "Yeah, he was dripping with sweat and his eyes were bugging out of his head."

I took that as J must have really had an intense session with him. He sweats pretty easily still as he isn't 100% shed out. I didn't think anything of her comment.

So today I am doing morning chores and the barn manager comes up to me and says, "Oh, did anyone tell you that Hampton broke my side reins (on Monday)?"

Uhhh, waaa whaaaaat?

The barn manager reports that while J was lunging Hamps, he was a WILD MANIAC - bucking, leaping, snorting.

I guess J could not find my side reins so she used the manager's. WHY did he have to break her side reins and not my own? Also, what has gotten into him?!?!

Funny how three different people gave 3 different descriptions. Fiesty. Worked Hard. CRAZY!! I wasn't there, so I just asked Hamps what happened and he said he was a perfect angel, as always. Hmph.

I rode him today (and you bet I lunged first, having no idea what sort of animal I would have this morning); And he was just as pleasant and polite as can be. *shrug*

6 comments:

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!