I didn't get a raise at my current job either.
(Other people in the office ARE getting a raise, however. Did I not get one because I am a woman? Or because I am incompetent? If I am THAT incompetent - why haven't I been laid off or fired? I didn't get a raise ... again ... because they are assholes.) I'm getting really, really fed up with an environment of negative re-enforcement, constant bitching, cranky people, fights and passive aggressive, snarky e-mails. For what? I work so hard and have nothing to show for it.
I have sold almost everything I own to pay the bills. Sometimes I go an entire day and don't eat. I am constantly playing catch up with rent and bills. It's getting really, really old. I'm so tired of these people making me feel utterly inadequate and stupid. (I know I'm good at what I do!) Thank goodness I have my horse and a handful of really great friends. They keep me from turning to booze ... too much. haha.
![]() |
| Hampton and Janis, a mini-dwarf |
This week we have been working on power. Lots of slow trot - BIG trot transitions. Also, leg yield to the rail and immediately power trot forward. He has really started to get the hang of trot lengthenings. He was so incredible yesterday that I decided oh what the hell, lets try a half-pass. Here's what I did:
Trot down the centerline. Make a 10-12 meter circle left. Back on the centerline, keep the idea of left bend, half pass left to the rail - ride the shoulders over. ... And he did it.
I immediately let him stretch, walk and praised him obnoxiously. Could we have had more bend? Yes. It wasn't perfect, but it was there. I guess that's what happens when your horse is on the bit and obedient to your leg aids - the "tricks" become simple. If the basics are there, then the rest will come. Half pass to the right was a little more difficult, which I expected, but he still gave a good effort. I lost the haunches a bit, but whatevs. I'm so excited about how he is coming along. And he is happy and healthy. That makes the rest of my life a lot more tolerable.
In other news (I told you this would be a long post),
In an effort to try and 1) get some extra income and 2) find a back up plan so I can escape this job, I have finally decided to develop my photography hobby. For now, it's going to stay a glorified hobby, but I'm taking steps to one day make it a full time job (I hope!). I have had numerous people nudge me in that direction. Plus, I took one of those expensive career tests and it, too, said photography is up my alley.
Check out THE BLOG here.
And if you Facebook, I also have a Facebook Page. (You can also Like it on the right hand side of this blog)
Any comments, advice, etc. is welcome. I love critiques, just don't write me a snarky, passive aggressive e-mail because I get enough of those in one week. :)


:-( Sounds like you're doing a merry job of making lemonade, but sorry life sucks right now. Here's to hoping it gets better soon.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel with the whole job thing! At least it sounds like your horse is being awesome, I don't know what we'd do without our ponies :) I hope photography turns into something good for you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your new venture. I will be glad to follow, like and share. :-)
ReplyDeleteSorry your work sucks. Glad Hampton is doing so well.
ReplyDeleteI like your photos. Do you follow Capture the Light Equine Photography? Lots of great 'how to's'. Here's link just in case: http://www.capturethelightphoto.net/
Good luck with the photography. I keep hearing that the sucky economy is a good time for starting new ventures...
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your negative work environment. A little boozing might not hurt. Thank goodness for Hampton! :)
Ugh, believe me, you aren't the only one with work (or lack thereof) woes. Doesn't help, I know. Thank goodness for these awesome equines in out lives-Half Passin' Hampton sounds like one of the great ones:) Of to "like" your photog page!
ReplyDeleteCrappy day job makes the rest of life overly difficult. I hope something comes along that makes things a bit easier.
ReplyDeleteYeah for Hampton! Our horses keep us sane when the rest of the world is chaos.
I'm sorry about your job situation. That is not fun, not fun at all and I can relate in a way. I am not a fan of my current position, and often feel very trapped by it. I dislike my coworkers and...well, this isn't about me, lol. :(. In the meantime, keep your chin up (easier said than done), that amazing job will come along at some point.
ReplyDeleteIt's so wonderful that you have your bright spots (Hampton and friends) to keep you going! I'm happy to read that he's coming along so well!
Hang in there!
As some extra advice, have you thought about selling on EBAY? I know it sounds hokey, but my friend makes a good extra couple hundred dollars a month on it. She simply buys discounted name brand items at stores like TJ Max and Marshalls and then sells it for a profit on ebay. It might be worth a try, just to get you by until that fabulous job comes along!