I've been watching a lot of Carl Hester lately. Here are a few super videos. This first one is a 5-year-old stallion (I think the video is from 2010 though) who is obviously incredible. (My birthday is coming up - someone find him and buy him for me!!). I like this video because the horse is tense at first, and then the rider is able to relax and stretch him out. It shows a total change of the horse's movement and length of neck. Part 2, the rider picks the horse back up. My personal opinion is the rider is a little too busy with the horse's neck at times, but he is a 5 year old stallion so you do what you have to do sometimes to keep the horse between you and the ground. Anyway, good videos on basic training. Although the horse is a freak and well beyond what I will ever have the honor to ride.
Here's Carl riding and 8 year old (I THINK this horse might be his current Grand Prix horse, Utopia, but I'm not sure. They sure look alike) ... under the instruction of Jean Bemelmans. This video is great on making the collected canter quick, flying changes and other canter work. I've been watching so many of these videos that I actually said "Zoo-per" to Hampton during our ride today. hahaha.
And here is Carl with Utopia this year. I LOVE how this horse pushes off the ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!