Monday, August 1, 2011

I did not leave my heart in San Francisco

Hellllloooooo blogger land.

I am back from my trip to Cali. San Fran is a neat city and if I was a city girl, I may just move there to live. But I'm not a city girl. I can't IMAGINE living there and having a horse - it's impossible to drive around not to mention how expensive it is - even on the outskirts. Infact I do not know how people even manage to have a dog. No one has a yard and it's very densely populated. Great people watching, however, and I did have a good time. We pretty much saw all the big attractions: Alcatraz, the Redwood trees, Six Flags, China Town, Little Italy, the crooked road, Haight Asbury (my favorite!!), and numerous bars, grills, and shopping. I missed Hampton tho ... he is where my heart is. haha. So corny. *gag* He did nicker at me yesterday when I went to see him. I'm sure he missed me ... or maybe he just missed the lady who constantly feeds him sugar and tells him how wonderful he is.

Here are a few fotos:

The Bridge

:) The Haight

In Haight-Ashbury

Parking lot at a Yaht Club. holy. cow.

more Haight Ashbury

The Grateful Dead House

The Rock


Hampton goes back to work this week ... I'd really like to make it to the Sept. 10 CAF show for our first combined test, Event derby and I REALLY want to best our 64% in dressage. If I can find a fun show in August to go to, we'll hit that too (as long as it's not 90+ degrees). Much trail riding is also in our future. This is a good thing - great for building muscle and bravery. Plus I can relax with a beer. Win win, people.

(by the way, read the below book if you are at all interested in the Grateful Dead, the Beat Generation, hippies, San Francisco, acid tests, or the 60s in general)

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to San Fransisco but I would love to go someday. I'm not a city person, either, but I like to visit (and then I really like to go home :) ).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!