It's back to serious work for Hampton this week in prep for our May 14 show. I'm breaking out my 101 Dressage Exercises book for guidance.
And on an interesting note, I came across this website recently. I took the personality assessment quiz and ended up with a tie between a Healer and a Shaman. I can relate to qualities of both, so I think it's pretty spot on. Check it out - which one are you?
Here's part of the Shaman description:
How they see the world. As connected and as One. That everything happens for a reason and there are no absolutes, no either/or.
How they are toward others. Balanced. Enjoy the company of others but also appreciate solitude. Seen by others as calm, wise, pleasant to be with. Enjoy being “in service” to others.
How they see horses. As partners. As different but equal in terms of deserving a voice, a choice. Advocate for horse. Horses drawn to steady, calming ways. “Horse Whisperer.”
What they want from a horse. Whatever the horse is able to give given who they are their situation and their history. Will ask of a horse and then wait to see the response. Expectations are minimal – take what is offered by the horse and work forward from that point.
As a riding student. Have a special connection with whatever horse they ride. No matter riding ability have a calm, open, curious presence when learning. Will be less inclined to choose mechanical aids for riding (crops, whips, spurs, some bits, biting devices). Uncanny ability to calm horses in any environment with no obvious effort or technique – just their presence.
As a competitor. Less drawn to competition than other archetypes. If compete has the ability to stay calm and focused. Enjoys the challenge of competition in partnership with horse. Results not so important.
Riding discipline drawn to. Shamans have such a deep connection to horses they can step into almost any discipline and create a profound relationship with the horse.
Horses they are drawn to. Horses of all kinds are drawn to the Shaman and most Shamans appreciate all kinds of horses.
Horses they should to avoid. None. A shaman is a gift for any horse to have in their life.
Greatest Strength. Way of knowing intuitively and through wisdom how to connect and form a true partnership with horses where the horses have choice.
Greatest liability. Not being understood or accepted by others who still see horses through a dominance/submission paradigm.

That test was awesome...I got mostly healer, some shaman. Really cool:)
ReplyDeleteBTW I responded to your email, finally:)
I'll be thinking about Big H and hoping whatever he's going through is very temporary and you guys kick butt at the show coming up:)
Oh wow!! Very cool test!! I came out to be both Warrior & Healer - and both are so very true about me! :) (yeah...it's like having a split personality....lol!!)
ReplyDeleteI gotta bookmark that page! I also saw that they are going to be at the Midwest Horse Expo this summer. If I get back up to see my parents this summer, I will have to go see them at the Expo! :)