First, I am sure most of the equine & blogger community has heard about the barn fire at Boyd Martin's place. Words cannot describe how heartbroken everyone connected to that tragedy must me. So sad and a good reason to hug your horse today. Eventing Nation has additional coverage and also ways to help with the relief funds.
Denny Emerson is donating half of his royalties from his new book "How Good Riders Get Good" to help with the recovery. Click on the link below to buy the book and help:
***
Hampton has been going pretty well this week. He has been a bit foot sore up front, so I have only been riding every other day. I am sure it is because everything is sopping wet and his feet got a little soft. He seemed a lot better when I rode him on Sunday. Yesterday I decided to attempt to have fun like a normal person and I went fishing in a gorgeous state park about an hour away. It was fun and relaxing. And cheap! And the company was good. *wink wink*
Noah will be staying yet another month, which is great because I am just now starting to make some good progress with him (after starting totally over). Tomorrow we are going to ride in the big ring and work more on steering. We worked on trailer loading for a bit yesterday and he walks right on now! This is the horse that would not load at all 2 months ago. I also worked with Hampton and he self-loaded for the first time!
I have tomorrow off so I plan on working Zippy and Marisol as well as the big boys. Busy day!
Well this was a scattered post. lol. We shall see what tomorrow brings. With 4 horses to work, I am sure some good blog fodder will result. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!