Yup, that's my truck with my brand spanking new trailer hooked up! I brought the white beauty home yesterday after the rumber floor was installed. It hauls like a dream. Love love love it!!
Hampton saw the chiro today as as I suspected, he was quite screwed up in his back and rump area. Infact, during one adjustment (I can't remember what the specific name was), his back dropped WAY down as the chiro hit that sore spot. I have never seen him do that before. I really hope that made him feel better! His elbow also popped quite loudly during its adjustment. Not that I have had any issues with his front end, but I found that interesting. My work schedule might keep me from riding him until Saturday but we will see. We need to get back to schooling if I have any hopes of hitting up a May show.
The not so good news is that Baxter is leaving. He is not making money and earning his keep at the farm, so he is going back home with his owner. I am unfortunately powerless since I can't afford to pay board on him. But really the deal was that he was to be a lesson pony and schoolmaster for the BO (and myself) and really I have been the only one riding him. So while I am sad, it's ok. I do understand that horses have to earn their keep.
And it's not like there is any shortage of ponehs to ride! I will post soon about another mare I have been riding - Marisol, the polo team burnout. She is an interesting horse, but I really, really like her.
My training horse, Noah, has also been making progress. He is still really green and tends to be a worrier so I have slowed things way down for him. I think he will be fine once he gets several months into a solid routine. But he's lunging well now in a single side rein - I even lunged him in the arena yesterday (first time not in the round pen) and he did really well. But he needs more work on basic ground manners, picking up his feet, etc. I think he will come around but it's best to really go extra slow with these nervous, worry-worts.
And on another good note, I am going to try and make it to Rolex this year - just Saturday I think. It's been several years and I am wanting to go so badly! I have an itch to try eventing with Hampton and I need some inspiration.

yaaaaay horse trailer. I envy you. I think and truck and trailer are years off in my future. Home bound for now :(
ReplyDelete