Last night after work I jumped on Hampton to try and fit in a ride before MORE rain hit. It was already misting when we were warming up. But it was 66 degrees so we were fine.
Loved his trot yesterday - wonderfully on the bit, steady and foward. His poll maybe could have been a little more up but I was so pleased with the contact that I didn't mess with it. Some shoulder-in in each direction brought the poll up to a competition frame for me.
By now we were both drenched. I had plans to really work on the canter but decided to do the abbreviated version. While the transitions were still a little croup-high I was able to develop an uphill, rolling canter within a few strides. Inside spur - half halt outside rein. Rinse, repeat. I was most pleased with the result. He is really tinkering on the verge of being a First Level horse. Very exciting!
And so we headed back to the barn ... both looking like drowned rats. But most pleased with ourselves.
But not before Hampton has to stop at the largest puddle in the arena and drink out of it for a few minutes! LOL! I admit, I let him do it. I really hope that we don't end up in a dressage test after a big rain and we halt at X and his head goes down for a drink out of a puddle.
Seriously, we're all just going to float away in this ridiculousness. Silly Hampton:)
ReplyDelete