Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The works.

Moving is just about finished. Organizing and putting things away? Ugh. Let's just not talk about that portion.

Hampton ... drunk as a skunk. Drooling.
Hampton had an appointment with the dentist this morning, as well as the vet for his fall shots. The dentist is excellent - the best I've ever seen as far as the quality of work he does. He is excellent with fearful horses, too. And only uses the power tools when teeth require a little extra work.

Hampton had to be sedated of course, and ended up having 3 caps extracted, plus one segment of a baby tooth that was wedged back in his mouth along with some food. I saved all of the teeth ... lol, no I'm not creepy or anything ... and hell I might make a necklace out of one of the larger ones. I know, I know. WEIRD-O!!

Anyway, he has a chiro appointment next week so we'll see if anything is going on there before I go ahead and get his hocks examined. If all checks out, then the canter this is a fitness, training, riding issue and we go from there.

He will get several more days off to recover from today and probably a few light hacks toward the end of the week.

Two molar caps, one incisor cap

1 comment:

  1. Equine dentistry is so interesting! Our equine dentist has a speciallized trailer that is basically a big horse dentist office. Plus he is an awesome guy. He is a track vet in Minnesota and takes all the unwanted retired racehorses to his 4000 acre ranch for them to detrack and rehab before he finds them new homes. and if they don't find new homes they are allowed to live out their lives with him! Its where I got my big red monster last year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!