Monday, April 27, 2026

Aiken Spring 2026: An extremely late post

 Work took me down a month-long abyss and I completely neglected to finish up the Aiken posts!

The quick and dirty -

I completed my very first - and Hampton's first - recognized USEA event. No I have NEVER entered a recognized event. What better time than while in Aiken!

We entered Starter so don't get too excited, but I was NERVOUS AF.


Can't tell that my heart was pounding out of my chest here.

The shirt was PERFECT.

Completed a very boring dressage test and went double clear to place 2nd! I was also shamed for wearing my white gloves at Starter. I did not realize that ... it's overkill.

The girl wearing white gloves at Starter. 

Stadium round was just about foot perfect!

Hampton took really good care of me and popped over everything without question. He seemed to really enjoy it and the footing is really soft sand so I wasn't too worried about his feet. He loped around completely happy, probably wondering why my heartrate was so high. 


Hampton was DIALED IN.

And cross country was ... FUN! I maybe hyperventilated but made it!


Ok, ok Eventers I GET IT. 

I came away from that thinking maybe we can dabble in some events this year. Maybe.

And by Maybe I mean we are entered in another one Derby weekend. Ooops.

1 comment:

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!