Monday, March 14, 2022

Aiken 2022: Closing time

 


Friday we took the entire herd to Hitchcock woods! This is the first time we have been able to go as a big group. The energy was definitely higher but everyone stayed on and had fun.

There was a moment of impending doom scooting when a big branch broke in the woods, sending horses scattering every direction. Hampton thankfully just went sideways and I was able to wrangle him fairly quickly. 

Other than that it was a lovely ride.

Most of the crew!

Yes, we wore our Aiken 2022 T-shirts. #nerds #not ashamed

If you turn right here, there is quicksand especially after heavy rains. 

Also, if anyone has a Vampire Penguin in their town I will literally move in with you because this was the BEST thing I ate the entire week. It's just shaved ice but holy smokes AMAZING.

I literally never take photos of food but PRAISE BABY JESUS

After packing up for the haul back home the next morning, we went out to a nice dinner and hit the sack. 

Very thankful we had easy, uneventful trips there and back. No bodies in the road this year. All humans healthy and happy. I even got a little relaxation time in the Airbnb hammock this year.


 

I miss Aiken already!

Back to reality and maybe plan a 2022 show season?

2 comments:

  1. ...vampire....penguin? I have so many questions 😂

    I'm glad you had such an awesome time and I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trees are always such trouble makers...
    Sounds like such a great time away! Especially glad there were no bodies in the road this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!