I retired Hampton from jumping several years ago.
Buuuut the footing in Aiken is soft, forgiving sand. And his feet have been feeling good (or not feeling at all, haha. Errr). And we needed a mental break from dressage.
Plus when you go to Aiken with a group of fun eventers who let you borrow their tack, and then peer pressure you. I was doomed.
We was ganna jump.
| Thought I might vomit but this jumped really nice haha |
I didn't go crazy. I will admit once I got some confidence I wanted to jump more but I'm just too paranoid about Hampton's feet. He loved it though and jumped everything I pointed him at. We even did a little baby bank coming out of water.
Perhaps we will make this a yearly thing!
Yay! JOMPIES!!! Glad you got to have a dressage break and do something different!
ReplyDelete