Monday, January 28, 2019

Survival




Good news: I did survive the massive layoffs in my company!
Bad news: Several co-workers and friends did not. Another major blow to journalism.

Sucks, but all we can really do is keep moving forward.

I had all sorts of plans hashed out in the case that I was axed.


  • Couch surf across the country with various bloggers
  • Move back home with my mom and keep Hampton in the garage
  • Move in with the cats at the humane society
  • Sell everything, become world's oldest working student with a big name trainer
  • Teach Hampton to barrel race, make a living on the rodeo circuit.
  • Run for president
  • Go on tour following Phish and sell grilled cheeses
  • Pick up a new career as a stripper
  • Become a professional wine taster 

Alas, for now I will keep workin for the man. 

And maybe even dare to start planning a 2019 show season.

9 comments:

  1. What a relief! Although your back up plans sound pretty solid :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're still gainfully employed and looking to the future! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. tbh sometimes i still fantasize about checking out of this whole "career" thing and throwing caution to the wind to go be some working student in the wilds of the horsey world..... maybe one day. for now tho, i keep clocking in. glad you survived the cut at work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teaching Hamps to barrel race would be amazing tho hahah.

    Glad you are doing OK - sorry to hear about your colleagues though :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got to keep your job but your backups were all pretty solid ideas. An old barnmate and I used to joke we were going to start stripping. She said - "some of them make $1200 in a week! think of all the gastroguard!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like you could still probably do the first option and bring Porkchop with you. Rent free, woohoo! Seriously tho, our door is always open!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! Glad they made the right decision and kept an amazing person :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! Although, becoming the world's oldest working student would be so fun - can I guess for who?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jokes aside strippers do make a fair amount of money. Glad you survived but sorry about your coworkers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!