| *HEART EYES* |
The custom saddle rep came out Thursday morning to fit myself and Hampton for our new saddle. She was incredibly nice, and I tried 3 saddles before falling in love with one.
At first Custom had said it would take 14-18 weeks before I would get my saddle. While bummed, I had accepted that and prepared to wait patiently.
But when I fell in love with a Wolfgang Solo with short blocks, the rep said "Hey, I have one in the van that is brand new. It's exactly your budget. Want it?"
So that's how I ended up WITH MY NEW SADDLE!!
It fits Hampton so much better, and is comfy to ride in. I no longer rock in the canter - which I had always blamed on Hampton being croup-high, but now I see that it was my saddle causing the rocking. #doh
He also feels more free in the shoulder, and did not pin his ears when I tightened the girth.
So I took that as a sign that he likes it!
It needs to be broken in some, and after that the rep can come out and make any other adjustments. But I could not be happier with it. My dream saddle finally, and I didn't have to spend a dime.
Like who wins these contests? WHO?!!! Still so surreal!
I am so thankful to Dressage Today, Custom and Triple Crown who put together this contest. Such an amazing opportunity that I will never forget.
OMG! That thing is gorgeous! Congratulations again to such a deserving contest winner. :)
ReplyDeletewhat a prize!!!! :D
ReplyDeleteThat saddle tho 😍😍😍😍 I can't think of anyone more deserving to win this contest, the wonderful clinic, and this gorgeous new saddle.
ReplyDeleteThat is SO awesome! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteSuper excited for you!! A well fitting saddle makes all the difference!! and it's BEAUTIFUL too <3
ReplyDeleteOoooh, PREEEEETYYYYY! Congrads on your gorgeous new saddle!!!
ReplyDeleteI had totally forgotten about the saddle! That's so awesome, congrats! I love the wolfgang solo, my student had one and it was the only saddle I liked riding in more than mine.
ReplyDeleteIT'S SO PRETTY.
ReplyDeleteAhh...all the heart eyes for you and your new saddle. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteSo thrilled for you! What a fantastic prize package!
ReplyDeleteSo awesome!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteIt's gorgeous! Enjoy it! :D
ReplyDeleteThat’s so amazing! It’s beautiful and I’m happy for you that you guys found something that works.
ReplyDeleteAwesome prize!!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously could not have gone to a more deserving pair. <3
ReplyDeleteIt's BEAUTIFUL!
ReplyDelete