Wednesday, February 14, 2018

A new member of the family!

I have been casually looking for another cat to add to the household for several months. I figured that one would eventually find me, and that is exactly what happened.

Every one meet Hunter Nimitz!



He was rescued back in June 2017 by a wonderful shelter in Indiana. He was found to be shot - leaving his right front leg broken in two places, a large wound in his neck and injuries to his ear.

He spent two months in a cast, but during that time became depressed and agitated, so they decided to amputate the leg and after more healing, he started to come around.

So pitiful


Eventually he was ready for adoption and I just happened to stumble upon his post on FB and immediately knew he had to come live with me.

So far he seems to be settling in great! He does hop and wobble some, but has zero problems jumping up on things or getting around.

At first Buckley - my other cat - would just follow him around and stare at him like a total creep. Then he started to slowly touch Hunter with his paw. Mostly a lot of staring going on. Hunter was very patient and tolerant, until this morning when I heard a scuffle. Not sure what happened, but ever since then Buckley has been walking around Hunter giving him a very wide berth. hahahaha. I suspect that while sweet, Hunter has a gangsta side to him and finally told Buckley to mind his own business.

Hunter is 14 pounds if that gives you an idea of how
enormous Buckley is.


It appears as though they will peacefully co exist, maybe even be friends one day.

He is pretty hard to photograph because as soon as I make eye contact with him he gets up and hops over to me! It is damn cute I tell you.

He is about 2 years old, and otherwise healthy. I'm so happy I am able to provide him with a great home where he can lounge and never have to worry about asshole humans ever again.

One of his adoption photos that sucked me right in



9 comments:

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!