| Aimee and Leah: Do you recognize this deck?!?! |
I'm not sure I've ever been so thankful for an indoor arena! Well, ours is just covered but still. Louisville made national news with the amount of flooding we have had, after 10+ days of rain.
The farm is muddy, but thankfully we are far away from the major flooding. My condo is OK, too, although I was getting nervous that I would soon have riverfront property. I live about a mile from the Ohio river.
![]() |
| A mile down the road from my condo. |
All of my favorite river front bars are totally submerged and you can only access anything along certain roads by boat. It is insane! I also cannot get on the interstate since the ramps down the road from my place are under water.
![]() |
| Road I usually take home from work. errr. |
![]() |
| Inside of Dark Star bar. :( |
__
But thankfully working the horses has not been affected. Hamp has been feel really great lately. He is starting to put on a little more weight, and I body clipped him one more time.
I finally for a few little videos of our work on the tempis. Sorry these suck but the best I can do is set my phone on a ledge in the arena and hope I get footage. haha.
Anyway, the 3s and 4s are really starting to get strong. Still some polishing to do, but if I can keep him straight and sharp, and listening, we can nail them. At times he gets a little stabby behind, but I will take it as long as he is on my aids, and changes clean. The rest we can polish. My coach set up "the chute" for the weekend which REALLY tests your straightness. It's a fantastic exercise!

He felt so good I start to play with some 2s some days! I just start out with one set, because if I try to keep going he gets really swingy and strong and that isn't good schooling. So until we both get better balance, I am keeping it simple. And as you can see from the gif, he changes late anyway from left to right. This is a chronic problem, which I now know will clear up once I get him more straight, sharp and more uphill.
You gotta start somewhere! I like to post these not so perfect videos because this is training! And I am learning, too. I have never done 2s so poor Hampton has to learn AND teach me at the same time.

Even though he was late behind, I still praised him because he at least responded to me and did not get strong. He maintained the same rhythm.
__
Bleh those gifs are awful. I am no Austen that is for sure! :)
Meanwhile, the SUN is out today so I am off to the barn!
Spring will arrive eventually guys. right? RIGHT!?



And I though the river off the deck was cool before 😂 but seriously, the flooding is terrible, I hope you guys dry out soon 🙁 Hamps is looking fab! Hopefully I get to see you guys soon. Cause I really want to invite myself to your clinic as your photographer, haha.
ReplyDeletePerhaps you should consider floaties? Or maybe a boat for travel?
ReplyDeleteHamps looks AMAZEBALLS!!! So uphill, damn!
Flooding is scary! Stay safe and dry!
ReplyDeleteLol I think your gifs are just fine! 😘 I've been following your flooding, and it's so crazy! Hopefully the river is done rising!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you were so slow to Cini! Or maybe I forgot... but regardless I'm glad the flooding hasn't affected you and Hamp too much!!
ReplyDeleteOmg poor Dark Star. Yikes.
ReplyDeleteStay safe!!
Or at least bring friends if you're doing barn chores in a tornado.