![]() |
| First, it was warm enough to ride in short sleeves in January. 'MERICA! |
I really admire eventers and show jumpers. Not only do they school dressage and flat work, but they must lug standards and poles around in order to school their jumping phases. Most poles and standards are heavy. And dirty. And have SPIDERS under them sometimes.
The DQs at our farm do really enjoy trot poles and cavalettis. However, moving those standards around is just annoying. Cavaletti holders are expensive, and we are just too broke for that.
BUT.
What happens to make a cheap cavalitti holder?!
CHILDS POTTIES.
So now we have a cute little selection of potties in the arena. You can find them at Ikea for $5 a pop I believe.
Horse-poor DQs for the win!
Also, made a gif of the potties in action today. Sorry for the small gif, still figuring this thingie out.


Okay now THAT is clever. Also whenever I see a spider on a jump, I'm convinced it's time to burn the arena down and just start over
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!!
ReplyDeleteWoah! That's very clever!! Plus slightly funny haha
ReplyDeleteThose things are the best!
ReplyDeleteI need an Ikea! And potties! (Both things I thought I would never say..... 😂)
ReplyDeleteI've seen them recommended, but never in action! Awesome! I made 8 of my own wood cavaletti holders for $40 (which I still feel is a win because I got to spend time with Husband to build them and I got 8 for $40 of wood!)
ReplyDeleteOh good idea!! We don't have an ikea but those look way easier to stack and store.
ReplyDeleteI've kind of wanted some of those for a really long time but they only come in slime green and just no.
ReplyDeleteHah! Love! Def gonna remember that. Looks like he is rocking them too!
ReplyDeleteOmfg
ReplyDeleteThis is brilliant.
ReplyDelete