Wednesday, January 4, 2017

To belt or not to belt

Well we all know I am not Miss Fashionista ... but, I would prefer not to look like a total hilljack in the show ring. At least I make an attempt, anyway.

I have a little issue.

The Shadbelly.

Ok, so the plan is to show PSG in 2017 (when? still undetermined). I have my shad, but here's my major first-world problem.

Does one let their belt show, or not?!

Belt showing. Sort of makes my eye twitch.


Must you even wear a belt?

The Queen of Dressage does not wear a belt.

I am sure I am going to need a new pair of white breeches anyway. The thing is, I HATE HATE pants that come up above the waist. Like literally cannot stand it. I don't even like bras with an underwire because I hate any sort of pressure on my chest or stomach. #whine 

Hunter peeps always let their belts show, as far as I can tell.


Which means, if I get high-waisted breeches, they would need to be rather loose/stretchy. Which means (because I have ZERO butt) that I would need a belt anyway.

I mean a serious first world problem here people.

Opinions?

12 comments:

  1. It's ok for your belt to show when standing, that means it will probably be covered when you are in the saddle. It is not ok for your shirt to show or stick out underneath so avoid low rise breeches with a shad :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have high waisted pants so I don't show my belt under my shadbelly, because yeah as a Hunter Rider I find it eye twitchy too. You could always get a white belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idk..... My eye says that hunters can wear their belts but dressage riders should either have the waist high enough that the belt isn't visible under the shad, or no belt. My heart tho (or maybe more reasonably, my gut lol) says it all depends entirely on the fit of the whole picture. The fit/look of the shad breeches and belt/no belt all together would be the deciding factor.

    (This from the ride who is not particularly likely to ever need a shad for any discipline haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think it looks better with a belt :) But only if it's flat and wide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does C4 make a white belt that wouldn't be as visible?
    One the plus side if you go sans belt at least your tails will cover your pants falling down in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly I'm not a fashionista either but the first picture also looks less than ideal to me ;)

    However, the last picture looks pulled together. I tried to figure out why and I think it's because the color of the belt matches the jacket in the last picture.

    Also, I can't imagine not wearing a belt only because I'd be so worried about whether my breeches were staying where they needed to that I wouldn't be able to concentrate on riding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I don't have an opinion about belts but don't let your shirt show. It's awful.

    I do like Charlotte's high waisted breeches with no belt, I think it's a cleaner look and the belt doesn't get in the way of the points. I also dislike tight things around me but I find my FITS quite comfortable because of the wide waistband.

    Also I am SUPER jealous of you getting to wear a shad. SUPER JEALOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, good question. I honestly would go with whichever one LOOKS better on you. I feel like for me, I'd need high waisted breeches since I'm uhm... bigger around the middle?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the cleaner look of no belt, but I would personally wear really high waisted pants with a belt. The belt helps me remember to sit up straight in the saddle, which you'd think I'd remember myself by this point .... buuuuuut.

    I have a pair of the VTO saddlery brand high waist breeches in white. They're not bad. The waist is SUUUUUPER high, but it's a big waistband so it feels less constrictive? I dunno. The answer here is to try on all the breeches. Especially the most expensive ones, as those will clearly be the only ones acceptable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A cute belt solves all your problems.

    Except if there were problems I didn't see because I still have trouble reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote no belt. Mostly because belts look weird on me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a problem I would love to have LOL Can you like... get a white belt or something?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!