Saturday, September 17, 2016

It's time to retire

It's time.

It has been my faithful protector since early 2013. It has survived nasty KY summers, freezing winters, trail rides (protecting me from numerous branches), a couple of show seasons and daily abuse. The logo has been knocked off the front. Once sporting a grey stripe, it is now a brown, dingy color. It smells of ... uhh ... something vile. It has served it's purpose.

Second level debut


Third level debut

every day riding

Being a nerd

Clinics, lessons

It actually started turning brown

Basically I wore the shit out of this helmet.

So it's time to retire.

Thanks for the service, my IRH helmet! I'm not sure what I am going to do with you now. I don't have the heart to just throw it in the dumpster. Guess it could be a "Standby" helmet for emergencies.

But since Saturday (today!!) is Helmet Awareness Day, I took advantage and bought a brand new helmet - for just $50!! I don't find the Ovations to be ugly, and I really wanted another helmet with some vents. The IRH helmet was just sweltering on some days. (and by some days, I mean 90% of this summer in KY. ugh)

It's nothing fancy (that title is reserved for my blingy OneK helmet, which only comes out for shows and clinics) ... but this guy will do!



Farewell, IRH!
#mindyourmelon

8 comments:

  1. Here in aus that helmet is a Dublin aeration arrow lite and retails for AU$179....down under prices :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it slightly funny but also sweet that after it turned itself brown you picked out a replacement with a similar color scheme ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this helmet! Was recently helmet shopping myself and loved how light weight this one felt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept my old one for emergencies! Keep it I say

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually do throw away old helmets, but only safely at home where no one can dig them out and reuse them when they're past expiration. I really, really, really wanted a new helmet this year but lulz $.

    Enjoy the ovation! I have one. It fits great, stays cool, and does the job. Plus, it won't completely break me financially if I need to replace it. Hard to beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of the ovations! I need a new helmet next year... might be getting one myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!