Sunday, March 27, 2016

In this episode of cheaters

Don't tell Hampton, but I've been sneaking off and riding other ponies lately.

But he's still my main man ....


Last week I was farm sitting for my BFF and she very graciously let me ride her second level mare. What's even better, is that the mare is basically a pony! It was quite a change from riding big old Hampton!

I hauled from BFF's house up to take a lesson with her regular instructor (in Indiana). I had a wonderful time - not only riding Simone for the first time, but also taking a lesson with someone new. I learned a lot and I hope Simone did as well. She is a very forward ride, which frankly was refreshing. And VERY sensitive. She takes a tactful, sensitive rider. 

I exhausted L's pony.

It sure is nice when you ride a friend's horse and all their training makes you look good.

By the way, L SAYS she is starting a blog but I have yet to see evidence of that. Hmmmm.

*nudge nudge*

The next day I rode our little guy Royale. It was a windy day, and I hopped on him out in a field. Next to the road. With traffic zipping by. 

No spooking. No nothing. He was a total gem. We are still working on cruise control, but that will come. His bridling issue has also greatly improved over the past few weeks. In fact I didn't even have a problem bridling him at all. His innocence cracks me up. He reminds me why I just love the young horses and how quickly they learn.

snuggles with Royale!


Oh just riding the baby skadaddlebred out in a field.

And this week I am riding the BO's mare, Luna, while she is out of town. Luna is another highly sensitive mare who needs a quiet, confident ride. She has some anxiety and baggage that she acquired before she came to KY. My focus with her will be rhythm, and quiet trot/canter transitions. 

It's been a fun week and a half! Hampton has a week of work ahead of him - in preparation for our rated show on Saturday and Sunday.

Which reminds me, holy crap I have so much to do!

5 comments:

  1. Love baby horses. Glad to hear you've been getting other fun rides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally approve of those pink boots! Sounds like fun riding all the different horses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. busy busy!!! so cool to have so many neat horses to ride - i think that's one of the best ways to keep us honest as riders

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pony is adorable!! Of course so is your young horse but I'm a little partial :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby horses can be so fun. Love the "skdaddlebred" name, will have to share that with my saddlebred friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!