Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Just call him stoic

Remember how I said I couldn't get Hampton to push off the ground like he normally does?

Guys, I think I found the reason by Hamps was a bit sulky at the show. Check out this mofo that burst last night sometime:



I mean holy hell! He was NEVER lame! He has never popped an abscess like that out of his foot. Sometime he gets little tiny ones in the frog ... but this is a monster. Many horses probably would have been non-weight bearing.

It's not surprising though, considering it's been extremely wet around here. I mean I am loving 70 degrees in December, but the hooves are not.

Anyhoo, thank you for the words of support. Sometimes we all get down on ourselves I think. I guess I was hoping for more improvement in scores with all the work we have done this summer, but have to remember that a lot of things have to come together to get good scores. It doesn't mean we have not improved, just means during those few 5 minutes we didn't quite perform like we can!

Oh, and my horse is a stoic fellow apparently!

7 comments:

  1. "I guess I was hoping for more improvement in scores with all the work we have done this summer, but have to remember that a lot of things have to come together to get good scores. It doesn't mean we have not improved, just means during those few 5 minutes we didn't quite perform like we can!"

    The above comment is spot on...and I know that we are all guilty of forgetting this. Glad Hampton should be on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! Hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what do you do for that treatment wise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's an impressive abscess! Glad you know what the problem was, and hopefully he'll be 100% moving forward!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!