Sorry to keep posting seriously depressing shit.
I never made it to see my friend. She died before I could make the drive. I'm not sure if I need to beat myself up with regret or not. I was lucky to have been able to spend those hours with her a couple of weeks ago.
In the end, this isn't about me. It's about her and her family.
Still sucks losing such an important mentor and friend. Basically a second mother. I wouldn't have Hampton if it wasn't for her. He wouldn't even exist. He is part of her long-reaching legacy. So am I.
I hope I can make her proud!
![]() |
| This is Susie and 18+-hand Hayden at the farm in Indiana. |
If there is a heaven (I don't know the answer to that) .... there are HUNDREDS of animals who are super happy right now.



I'm so sorry for your loss and that her legacy lives on in Hampton <3
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your loss. I can't imagine not making it in time to see her.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. Don't beat yourself up for things you can't change though. Take comfort in your memories and honoring her as you move forward with your life.
ReplyDeleteHugs.
ReplyDeleteso very sorry for your loss
ReplyDeleteHugs to you <3
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry :( Definitely do not beat yourself up over it *hugs*
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to see her when you did.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry.
ReplyDelete