Thursday, July 10, 2014

Vacation's over, mister.

Hampton is just about back to 100%. He has been on a light lunge routine the past couple of days. Today he was about 95% sound. Just a tiny little hitch at the very beginning which he worked out of.

There is still a tiny bit of edema, but moving around is the best thing for him.

Over the weekend he can go back under saddle easy walk, trot, canter.
Monday he gets new shoes and after that it's back to work!

Earlier this week, I decided what better time to ride your horse bridle-less than when he has a bum leg and can only walk around?! I mean, what was he going to do - run off with me?

I know what you're thinking "Famous last words Karen!"

But, no surprise here, Hampton was perfect.

Please wear sunglasses while viewing my incredibly pale legs.

I really need to work on steering, but he plodded along like a plow horse and stayed super calm. It was frankly very relaxing and a fun thing to try out since we have been stuck in "uppity - intense - these horsewomen are psycho - dressage land" earlier this year. Remember I am still part hillybilly from Indiana and, yes, I will ride in shorts and without tack once in a blue moon.

Even the boy wanted to ride! ( I was nice and gave him a halter to steer with)

In which Hampton promptly fell asleep.



He may not be the most fancy dressage horse ever, but frankly he is priceless. The boy is OK, too. :)

5 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHA.


    I thought you were wearing breeches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love riding bridleless. Hope that's something I can incorporate into Simon's rehab! Glad Hampton is all better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the pale legs. And the hillbilly part. And the horsewomen are psycho-Dressage land part. I'm glad he will be able to go back to work soon! Also, that last picture is pretty priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha love the blinding legs. Soooooo glad to here Hamps gonna back at it in no time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!