Hampton seems totally back to normal. No more sunken flanks and I did the skin pinch test all over his body and there is minimal tenting (he LOVED that procedure, ha.)
![]() |
| Photo from last year in early March. Second Level debut |
For now I have added a salt/mineral supplement and also am giving him some soaked alfalfa cubes again just to make sure he is getting extra water. I had stopped the alfalfa cubes since the spring grass is coming in and he doesn't need the calories anymore, but they are so good for getting water into them and he drinks a lot more when he has a meal of the cubes. So, for now, I am going to stick with that plan.
We did a light hack yesterday, and today returned to the ring for some real work and he felt great. Even spooking a bit at the guy who was repairing the fence. So, he is just fine. :) I think I caught it early enough that thankfully no huge issues appeared.
| Snout selfie |
In other news, my saddle fitter came out today to look at the new saddle. He is a general saddle fitter (he is not a rep for any brand, and will adjust most any brand of saddle). His exact words were, "You have found a needle in a haystack." That is how perfect this saddle fit. You can imagine how happy this made me because as you all know - when does this ever happen?! I got so lucky finding this saddle. Right place, right time. Woot.
So onward with dancing in the sandbox!
Third Level is treating us well, although I have quickly realized that we need to add an actual fitness program in. This level is far, far more challenging on a fitness level for both of us. The horrible winter didn't help. So, more hills and trot sets for us!
| After running through Third 3 |

So glad the saddle fits!
ReplyDeleteWhat a relief! I'm glad he's okay! Also congrats on your needle in a haystack. :D
ReplyDeleteWhat a relief to know he's ok, AND the saddle fits him so well!
ReplyDeleteGood news all around. :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat news all around!
ReplyDeleteYeah for Hamps feeling better and a great saddle fit! Better go buy a lottery ticket :) Looking forward to seeing you two out showing 3rd this year!
ReplyDeleteGlad he's better!
ReplyDeleteGreat news all around...so glad the saddle fit! So lucky :)
ReplyDeleteWhat model was it anyways?
ReplyDelete