![]() |
| Hamps seemed happy to be back in work. For all of 3 days. |
Hampton has not forgotten anything, but we have both lost some fitness. That's to be expected I suppose. We were just starting to get back into a groove when ... wham ... another 4 inches of snow. And ice. And shit weather. I'm tired of it and have lost my sense of humor, can you tell?
Although we are planning to take a few horses across the street and work in their indoor sometime this week. As long as their footing isn't also frozen.
![]() |
| Also did a bit of this to help out-of-shape poneh pick his feets up. |
Meanwhile, I've picked up another job in the mornings and have been planning out the first part of my show season. We are aiming pretty big. That's sort of scary, I'm just a backyard wannabe dressage rider with an "Indiana warmblood," and on an extremely tight budget ... do I have any business going to such shows or clinics?
I'm planning a blog tack sale, too, as soon as I get my frozen butt in gear. I have my eyes on a new saddle and I'm trying to raise funds. As it will take me another 6-7 months to save up for the darn thing.
Also, for the love of pete, I am hoping it does not continue to snow into March/April. At this rate, who knows.


Ugh I feel ya. We got 3 inches yesterday, 6 forecasted for tomorrow, and two feet for Sunday... An I HAVE an indoor!! It's just no use when you can't get to it :(
ReplyDeleteYou definitely have business going to the big shows. You can do it :)
ReplyDeleteSounds exciting! :)
ReplyDeleteNo wannabe about it lady!
ReplyDeleteTotally with ya! I am out of shape - Riva is out of shape, blah! Have you got your eye on that camp at FHF?
ReplyDeletegoing through the same thing here...had some great rides...now -20 and 20 cms of snow. STOP already.
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of saddle are you looking at??
Ugh. Meeeeeee too. So sick of not getting out and seeing my pony!
ReplyDeleteI think you guys are right on track! Plus, if you think your "backyard riding" and your "Indiana warmblood" don't have any business out there, what's that mean for my OTTB and me? ;)
Get out there. There's lots of Indiana warmbloods doing amazing things, and Hampton is just one more!