While not appropriate for all horses, the yummy spring grass in Kentucky works magic on Hampton. Clearly, I no longer have any problems keeping weight on him. And he no longer gets grain.
Lucky Hamps gets tasty grass. I'm starting a "pasture for one" in my spare field... it will be great to let mother nature pay the feed bill for a while!
I thought Riva's weight was good...until we arrived in KY and the new trainer/Lex's boss said she is too thin! Hoping the KY bluegrass works its magic on her like it has on Hampton!
Super sized! ;D
ReplyDeleteLucky Hamps gets tasty grass. I'm starting a "pasture for one" in my spare field... it will be great to let mother nature pay the feed bill for a while!
What a hunk! I hope my horse eventually beefs up like that. He looks great.
ReplyDeleteSo handsome! It's amazing how well grass works! :)
ReplyDeleteyou just can't beat the natural diet!
ReplyDeleteHottie! He looks awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteNothing better than good pasture :) He looks phenomenal.
ReplyDeleteWhat a handsome man!
ReplyDeleteHe's such a handsome boy. Bet you just stare at him and sigh thinking how lucky you are to have a horse like that!
ReplyDeleteChunky... Erm I mean hunky :) hue is also happy on the grass!
ReplyDeleteHoly handsome! He looks great!
ReplyDeleteI thought Riva's weight was good...until we arrived in KY and the new trainer/Lex's boss said she is too thin! Hoping the KY bluegrass works its magic on her like it has on Hampton!
ReplyDelete