Friday, May 31, 2013

#horsegirlproblems

I actually have a week's vacation coming up soon (June 17-23 I believe).

Small problem.

I don't know what to do with myself.

#firstworldproblems, #notreallyaproblematall

Anyway.

What I would really like to do is spend 3 of those days at some sort of intensive dressage bootcamp. I would REALLY like to haul up to Indiana to FHF for 3 days of lessons and getting my butt kicked.


However, I don't have a truck. Also, my trailer has just been sitting since fall and I really need to get the tires checked/replaced/etc. So hauling 3 hours from home sort of makes me nervous because of that. So the logistics don't really work for me there. *sigh*

I do have a friend in the Dayton area who would love to have me I am sure. She is an eventer so our bootcamp would be more eventing focused. I'm not totally against that. It's closer, too. But still, the whole hauling thing.

Or I could beg some random person I have never taken lessons with before. Hey! You don't know me but can I bring my horsie to your farm for 3 days of lessons? I'll clean stalls and be your bitch for a discount!

I don't have any trail riding buddies here or else I would consider that.

OR ... I could just ride at home and take normal lessons with my instructor.

OR ... I could probably find a horse show somewhere to go to.

OR ... I could relax like normal people do on vacations.

Life is pretty good if this is what I have to whine about these days. :)



3 comments:

  1. My eventing trainer is in Dayton... small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have some options! Have fun and enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not going to lie, I love 1st world problems :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!