Now that I have had a few days to digest, I think I can wrangle together a post that actually makes sense.
Plus, I've got more photos to share!
| Free walk. Hampton's favorite gait. |
| Friendly barn kitten helps me clean tack. |
| The boy (on the right) and Hampton wondering why I insist on prancing around a sandbox wearing white breeches. |
| Canter lengthening. |
I love the effort Hampton gives me during the canter lengthenings. I need to work on bringing his poll up and his shoulders up to me. But this is fine for a 5 year old, very average, TB/Draft cross I would say. Also, can we talk about me and the world's more flexible ankle! OMG. It is literally pointing at the camera. This habit needs to stop. I will take any and all advice.
| Hampton really loved his hotel for the weekend. The window was a big hit with him. |
| Our homework this year is uphill uphill uphill!! This is nice, he is tracking up, and accepting contact as well as giving me his back. But now we need more thrust, more swing. |
| Not very accurate, but a good pony. |
I also lost A LOT of points for simply being inaccurate. Like the above photo, I should have been starting either a shoulder-in or a lengthen here (I'm not sure which test this is ...) and I'm nearly past the letter and we're still in working trot. My right lead 10 m circle was too big both days. I cut corners. Amongst other lost points due to my bad riding. I need to school accuracy at home so it becomes habit for both of us at shows. Also, more schooling shows for us so I can get more miles.
In other news ...
Hamps and I have taken a few days to chill out and relax. Today he was standing at his door nickering at me so he's probably ready to be ridden tomorrow or Friday. He seems in good spirits. I, however, am still majorly stressed out from non-horse related events in my life at the moment. That's for another post. Basically, I am living out of my car because my living situation at the new place has become very uncomfortable. So I have to find a new place to live AGAIN. Soon. With very little money.
But the good news is that Rolex is coming up and I'm going on Saturday. Woooot!!
I can hear my checking account wail in pain.
If you figure out how to stop with the airplane wing feet, please share. I have the same problem. (and I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out). You and Hamps look lovely together -- you have the harmony part for sure. Good luck with the housing situation. That's gottta be stressful.
ReplyDeleteI totally have a problem with pointing my toes out. Pointing them in is SO hard for me. Let me know if you find the cure.
ReplyDeleteAnd I also don't ride as accurately as I should. Dressage is so hard!
Just had to drop in quickly and say how much I love your outfit! It looks really smart and pretty at the same time. Had to show it to DH, who said "that DOES look nice". Cheers! :).
ReplyDeletehe really is a handsome guy. if your feet pop out of the stirrups then your thighs are too tense. That's my big fault which is why I know. I have to constantly think to widen my hips and let my legs drape down. For me, there's so much power in the lengthens that I think that I'm using more leg to try to stay with it. Which doesn't work but my body has it's own agenda. Same as with the winging foot. too much tenseness in the leg.
ReplyDeleteHaha. And people wonder why I love my car so much--we've been through a lot together. Best of luck with all that.
ReplyDeleteI say you guys look great. My brain is going to asplode just doing fist 1, so anything above that is respectable.
Ohh, I do that with my feet in the canter -- worse in a dressage saddle than over fences -- and it makes me insane. I know for me it's in very large part a giveaway that horse is not actually in front of my leg. Mileage may vary!
ReplyDeleteSome very nice work. :)
Oh Karen - first your debit card gets hacked and now a bad living arrangement - you are in my thoughts!
ReplyDeleteYou and Hampton are looking so lovely :)
Good luck with the housing. Gatsby who's am irish sports horse is very down hill so my riding teacher suggested when I half halt him that instead of tweaking the reins slightly towards me I kind of tweaked it while putting my hand a bit higher if that makes sense
ReplyDeleteThe free walk and canter lengthening are both drool-worthy :)
ReplyDeleteHe's looking fabulous while prancing around in a sand box :)
ReplyDeleteSo handsome! You guys look awesome. I am not looking forward to the level at which I have to sit a whole test! Sitting Houston's medium could be a struggle... I also struggle with losing my stirrups as well when sitting sometimes too.
ReplyDeleteYou guys look great!!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh Rolex- SO FUN!