Monday, April 29, 2013

Rolex wrap-up

Here are a few competitive horse prancing photos I took on Friday:





Wise Requestrian Master Rose. I really liked this pair's slow, relaxing warm-up.


Mary King after her dressage test.


Mary King's groom takes Fernhill Urco back.



This Great Dane was very interested in the little yapper dog.


I think this is Becky Holder coaching.


The Master.


William Fox Pitt warmed up Chilli Morning slowly and calming.


drool


Putting DQs to shame


Last minute fixes

Saturday was a really fun time. The boy came along (I assured him there was plenty of beer ...). We had a fun time walking around and he especially enjoyed making fun of the pretentious, overpriced Dubarry booth. (I joined in on the mocking but if I had that much disposable income you bet I'd purchase a pair! lol! However I really love my super comfy, well worn Dublins thank you!)

I did not purchase one thing! (except a bloody mary). I did find some OK deals, and even found one double bridle but the leather seemed really crappy so I decided to just hold out. I didn't really have the money to buy anything anyway so no big deal. Was fun to try out fancy saddles though!

The horses and riding were breathtaking, as expected. I was disappointed that we did not have an American higher than fourth but maybe next year?

I got a few crappy photos.

Head of the Lake


At the sunken road


I think this was Daniel Clasing and Houston

Cliche cheesy photo with Bruce Davidson statue
 (with my barn buddy Nicole who also joined us)


Big ol' brush fence


I think this was Hawley and Gin n' Juice FLYING over this fence.





HUGE up bank.


4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I should have bought a pair of Dubarrys when I had my SP employee discount but even then I couldn't justify it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had a pair of Dubarry's I would be afraid to wear them to the barn, cause they would get dirty!

    So insanely jealous of all of you who got to see all this in person...oh but next year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YESSSS! I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who makes fun of the overpriced, pretentious Dubarrys!!! You made my day! And yep, that is definitely Becky's coaching face.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!