Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Leg update, etc.


Random photo of sleepy Hampton.

Good news! Hampton's leg looks about 90% better today. The swelling is almost totally gone, although it is still a bit puffy directly around the wound still. It seemed less painful today. I was able to scrub it and flush it out really well with less protest from Hampton. I was able to get a closer look and it does appear to be a very shallow puncture wound/scrape combo. It was still leaking some pus today, too. Gross. I gave him bute again today but it will probably be the last dose. It seems to be healing well. He is otherwise bright, alert and obnoxious about treats. I think he is OK with this routine of me doctoring his wound, feed him a carrot. More doctoring. Another carrot. Grain. Hay. Pats.

He can have the rest of the week off since I am going to Rolex. I have not been since college and someone gave me two tickets to Friday and our barn has a tailgating spot for Saturday. I can't wait!

Of course I do have a SMALL shopping list.

Double bridle
bradoon
curb

I may grab a shirt or two for myself but I don't have much of a budget so that'll have to do.

Will of course report back with Rolex photos and trade fair porn.

7 comments:

  1. Wahoo for Rolex! I am mega pumped! It is going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he's healing ok and exciting about Rolex! Someday I will go, can't wait to hear your report :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad his leg is better! Have fun at Rolex :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Hampton is feeling better! Have a blast at Rolex! Maybe next year for me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Hampton is better and woohoo Rolex!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rolex Rolex Rolex!!

    yay for Hampton feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!