![]() |
| ... true. |
After a week of wind, rain, hail, tornados, snow, sunshine and more wind, I finally got to ride Hampton today. I worked mostly on rhythm and relaxation - letting him stretch and taking that time to make sure my position was accurate. (ahem - right toe!!). His canter was lovely today as well. I added some work with shoulder in and ranvers and then we called it a day.
It was also a bittersweet ride ... it was our last at this barn. No it's not perfect but I have some great memories there and will miss it. The BO was wonderfully understanding about our move which makes me feel a lot better. I don't like burning bridges and she is also my friend and I do plan on visiting the barn every once in a while. (Plus, they are a Tribute grain dealer so I will have to go get noms for the horse anyway).
After our ride, I packed up the trailer for our move. So tomorrow I just need to throw the beast on board. The new barn is about 20 minutes away so not too bad.
I also gave Hampton a haircut. Pulled his mane (and by pulled, I mean took my clippers and hacked it off), clipped his face and his fetlocks the best I could. So now he looks like someone might actually own and love him, instead of looking like a freakishly tall, feral mustang.
| Hippie mane and fetlocks are gone now. |
Tomorrow we move!!

Hope you guys love your new barn!
ReplyDelete(I'll be "pulling" Val's mane soon too.) ;)
I hope you guys have a smooth, uneventful move.
ReplyDeleteI just put my girl on Tribute Kalm performer - hoping to up her energy level a bit.
ReplyDeleteHampton makes a darling hippie! Hope the move goes well.
Good Luck with the move.
ReplyDelete